02 03 The Next Step: How Are You Feeling? 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

How Are You Feeling?

34
I’m feeling better than I did a month ago
And
it’s not just because it’s summer break


Two years ago 'the beast’ was named: Carcinoid Syndrome
And 
I was in a clinical trial waiting for the Ga68 Scan


A year ago I was preparing to go to Mayo Clinic
So
I could get a diagnosis 
But
I didn't


Eight months ago, I complained I couldn’t lose weight
And
Dr. S said with, "Your insulin levels are too high--you can't." 


Five months ago Dr. S reiterated, "It's hyperinsulinemia." 
And 
I finally believed him--the beast had a name


Four months I was feeling like myself again
But 
my face looked like I had a chemical peel
And 
it was determined I was allergic to Metformin* 
And 
I was disappointed to have to stop taking it 


Six weeks ago I started bio-identical progesterone
And
my blood glucose increased...stabilized
So
I could sleep through the night and had minimal symptoms 


Two days ago I discovered I was allergic to penicillin 
And 
my face looked like a chemical peel again 


I’m feeling better... 
there are glimpses of me 
So 
I’m more purposeful in how I spend my time... 
my energy 
Because 
Dr. S told me, “This will take months...years to turnaround.” 


There are a few pieces that need to find their place in my Medical Mystery Tour 
So 
I plod on 
But 
God is always directing my next step 


*(metformin increases progesterone levels 246% & improves insulin sensitivity)

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38