02 03 The Next Step: My Friend Ginger 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

My Friend Ginger

34
Ginger is a prokinetic and antiemtic--gets the stomach moving and helps nausea--two attributes I have to have. I like the taste of Ginger People Ginger Chews and am a bit amused at the mascot--a large ginger man (looking a bit like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man) lounging on a purple pillow with an all-knowing smile as he enjoys a Ginger Chew. Who could resist a Ginger Chew with such a relaxed and regal mascot smiling at you?
     I was thrilled to find Ginger Chews for under $1.80 at Trader Joe’s--Yipee! and in true Lisa fashion, I bought them all--one whole bag just for ginger. "So, you like ginger, huh?" the clerk commented. I smiled, because ginger is my friend: before arriving at Trader Joe’s I’d already consumed three chews to keep the nauseousness under a 3 on the scale of 1-to-Puke. I figured if I’d already had three chews in one day, one package would last me about four days. I think I have enough to last me a couple of months, and I’m not afraid to share. Ginger, my small but vital friend.

Labels:

35 36 37 38