02 03 The Next Step: Waiting Actively 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Waiting Actively

34
     My appointment on Tuesday didn't go as I planned and I came to realize that my timeline of feeling completely well by August may not be God's timeline. Truly, if I knew God's timeline and how long feeling completely well would take, I would probably fully give up (right now, I've given up for hours at a time).
     In several ways this week God has shown me that waiting is passive or active -- and how I wait is my choice. I know that I need to wait expectantly with a heart full of hope knowing and trusting that God will answer SUDDENLY, but passive is so much easier than active and requires so much less of me.  I can't count the number of hours that I wore pajamas as clothes or clothes as pajamas and it seems my pillowcase has turned into a giant tissue. When I'm so exhausted and the temperature is at 100 degrees, it's so much easier to be passive.  
     Today when I woke up my first thought was a passive: "What's wrong with me? Why isn't there an answer?"  Then, I reminded myself that I needed to be active: "This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad. I know that God is working things out for me so that whatever is going on in my body will be figured out. I know God is healing me and setting up divine appointments for me.  I know there is an answer and God's timing for my life is the best timing.
     But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired. Isaiah 40:31 Amp.


Waiting with Expectancy - Joel Osteen video
What to do When You're Waiting on God - Joyce Meyer
When God's Timing is Taking Too Long - Joyce Meyer
35 36 37 38