02 03 The Next Step: RSVP 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

RSVP

34
Today I got the nine page consent document for the 68Ga scan in the mail. I had been told it would probably be the middle of June when I received the consent. How can I not be excited? Now I need to let UIHC know if I'd like to be a part of the research study. Dr. S said I could call.

Participation in the Study Will End: If I get pregnant OR if the disease flares up requiring a large dose of Octreotide
Project Title: Safety and Efficacy of 68Ga-DOTA-tyr3-Octrotide PET/CT in Diagnosis, Staging, and Measurement of Response to Treatment in Patients with Somatostatin Receptor Positive Tumors: Comparison to Octreoscan plus High-Resolution, Contrast-Enhanced CT.
Purpose: To see if your tumor can be identified using a special procedure called a PET scan. You will have an injection with a radioactive drug called 68Gallium-DOTA-tyr3-Octreotide that binds to neuroendocrine tumor cells that have somatostatin receptors and then have a PET scan.

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38